Hurricane Sandy Disaster Assistance

According to an email blast from Senator Lautenberg and staff:

Call 9-1-1 if you have an emergency. If you’ve lost power personally notify your electric company. In the email it’s stated that, “for other information, including road closures, transit information, and shelter locations, the best number to call is 2-1-1”.

The below is quoted from the email as well:

I have heard that FEMA does not provide a stipend for food ruined during the hurricane. Individual insurance companies do instead. I myself haven’t used this information, it was clarified for me by someone who has. 

Creative Commons License
PerfectlyPlanned Blog by W. S. Hughes is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s